Christine K. Payne
Yoh Family Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
Appointments and Affiliations
- Yoh Family Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Director of Graduate Studies in the Thomas Lord Department Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 701 W. Main St., Office 4306, Chesterfield Building, Durham, NC 27701
- Office Phone: (919) 681-2096
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of California - Berkeley, 2003
Molecular mechanisms by which cells interact with materials, specifically nanoparticles and conducting polymers, with applications in nanomedicine and environmental exposure
- CHEM 590: Special Topics in Chemistry
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- ME 394: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 490: Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 555: Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- PHYSICS 493: Research Independent Study
In the News
- Five New Bass Professors Named for Excellence in Teaching and Research (Apr 23, 2020)
- Mathematics-Bioscience Partnership to Explore Cellular Transport (Jun 8, 2018)
- Christine Payne: Investigating Interactions between Cells and Engineered Materials (Sep 21, 2017 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Jayaram, DT; Payne, CK, Food-Grade TiO2 Particles Generate Intracellular Superoxide and Alter Epigenetic Modifiers in Human Lung Cells., Chemical Research in Toxicology, vol 33 no. 11 (2020), pp. 2872-2879 [10.1021/acs.chemrestox.0c00331] [abs].
- Griffith, DM; Jayaram, DT; Spencer, DM; Pisetsky, DS; Payne, CK, DNA-nanoparticle interactions: Formation of a DNA corona and its effects on a protein corona., Biointerphases, vol 15 no. 5 (2020) [10.1116/6.0000439] [abs].
- Poulsen, KM; Pho, T; Champion, JA; Payne, CK, Automation and low-cost proteomics for characterization of the protein corona: experimental methods for big data., Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, vol 412 no. 24 (2020), pp. 6543-6551 [10.1007/s00216-020-02726-1] [abs].
- Jayaram, DT; Payne, CK, Intracellular Generation of Superoxide by TiO2 Nanoparticles Decreases Histone Deacetylase 9 (HDAC9), an Epigenetic Modifier., Bioconjugate Chemistry, vol 31 no. 5 (2020), pp. 1354-1361 [10.1021/acs.bioconjchem.0c00091] [abs].
- Payne, CK, A protein corona primer for physical chemists., The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol 151 no. 13 (2019) [10.1063/1.5120178] [abs].